Nothings beats the warm feeling than having a dish that uplifts your dampen spirit. As for me, the dish below spells comfort for me, whenever I’m feeling blue. Simply delicious.
‘SAMBAL GORENG A LA CIKYAH’
- 1 packet of fermented soy bean cake (tempe) (cut into 1cm piece cubes)
- 2 pieces of tofu (cut into 1cm piece cubes)
- 1/2 cup of dried anchovies
- 1/2 cup of petai
- 5 fresh red chillies
- 5 pieces of bird’s eyes chillies
- 5 shallots
- 3 pips of garlic
- salt and sugar to taste
- Grind red chillies, bird’s eye chillies and garlic coarsely and keep aside.
- Deep fry soy bean cake, tofu and dried anchovies separately till crispy and drain.
- Using 3 tablespoonfuls of oil used for frying the ingredients above, stir fry ground ingredients till fragrant and the oil separates from the gravy.
- Put in fried ingredients and petai and mix well.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice.