Typing an entry after several months of abandoning this site does make me feel rather peculiar. I made some cupcakes for my colleagues and I was grateful that they actually enjoyed the product. Hence, I would like to share this simple recipe. I’m sure you’ll like it.
COOKIES AND CREAM CUPCAKES
Source : 500 Cupcakes and Muffins by Fergal Conolly
For the cupcakes :
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 225 self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoonful of baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla essence
- 10 crushed cream-filled chocolate cookies ( I used 15 pieces of Oreo biscuits)
For the icing :
- 375g icing sugar
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- a pinch of salt
- 10 chopped cream filled chocolate cookies ( I cut mine into halves and place on top of the butter cream)
- Preheat the oven to 175 C. Place 18 foil of paper baking cases in muffin tins.
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients, except the cookies, in a large bowl and beat with an electrical whisk until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then stir in the cookies.
- Spoon the batter into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes. remove tins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then, remove the cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat the icing sugar, butter and salt using an electric whisk. Spread the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle the chopped cookis on top.
- Store without icing in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.