This recipe is simple and yet very satisfying. Do give it a try, will you?
- 113g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of caster sugar ( I used vanilla sugar)
- 50g sour cream (I replaced it with plain low-fat yoghurt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 Grade A eggs, at room temperature
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoonful of baking powder
- 500g fresh fruits (I used strawberries, blueberries and canned peaches)
- Place cuts fruits in a strainer and sprinkle with 2 tablespoonfuls of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F ( I set mine at 150C). Line and grease a baking pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and yoghurt together until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla and orange zest. Continue beating.
- Fold in flour and baking powder gently until everything is well-mixed
- Pour batter into the baking pan and smooth the top. Place cut fruits on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake is done.
- Let to cool and serve.