I have to admit that in certain ways, Halimatus is a wee bit like me when it comes to food. It is not easy for her to like certain types of food but once we are hooked, we would remain loyal to it. I tried to make this type of biscuit years before and surprisingly, my girl enjoyed it at the first bite. Now, whenever I mention that I want to bake some biscuits, she would suggest this ‘Biskut Bangkit Nyonya ‘. After a very long delay, I decided to bake a batch for her today. It was worth all the effort to see how she enjoyed eating them. As usual, I’ve amended certain steps in preparing these melt in your mouth biscuits.
‘BISKUT BANGKIT NYONYA’
Source : MyResipi.com (Lillydvalley)
- 350g of tapioca flour
- 150g of icing sugar
- 20g of butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 egg yolk
- 130ml thick coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoonful of baking powder
- 3 screwpine leaves (cleaned and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- Using a non-stick pan, put in the screwpine leaves and flour and stir over medium heat till the leaves appear dry. Take out the leaves and et to cool.
- Preheat your oven at 150C
- In a mixing bowl, put in icing sugar, butter and egg yolk and mix well.
- Put in coconut milk and continue mixing till well-mixed.
- Meanwhile, mix the baking powder with the flour evenly.
- Spoon in the flour into wet mixture and knead gently to form dough.
- Roll dough to 1cm thickness and cut out using a cookie cutter.
- Arrange onto a baking tray and bake at 150C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let to cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
- Happy munching!