It was pouring yesterday afternoon. Instantly, I knew that I need some comfort food to uplift my dampen spirit after looking at my piles of half-marked students’ projects. The feeling was worsen by the fact that there will only be just one more day before I have to get back to my daily routines. My self-motivating (if you can name it so) effort had resulted in the dish featured in the photo below. Piping hot from the steamer, they were certainly what I needed to shoo the blues away!
APAM COMEL YIS
I used cikgunita@MyResipi.com‘s recipe and I did half of the amount stated. Do give it a try
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of cooked rice (to be blended till fine with 1 cup of water)
- 1/2 tablespoonful of instant dry yeast
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- In a large bowl, mix blended rice with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add a few drops of food colouring . Cover and keep aside for 3 to four hours.
- Heat up your steamer and make sure that the water is boiling rapidly.
- Spoon the mixture into plastic moulds.
- Steam over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, soak the moulds in water so it would be easier to take out your ‘apam’.