Salam Maal Hijrah to all Muslim readers and Godwilling, everything will sail smoothly. Anyway, since this blog is about cooking and food, I am very glad to share another vegetable dish which I always prepare. I’ve done an entry on the dish years ago so this entry would be a rewrite, in terms of the photo of the dish and the ingredients used. If you like vegetables, this dish suits you well.
‘ PADPRIK MAKANAN LAUT ‘
- 6 medium size prawns, cleaned but leave the tails intact
- 2 squids (cut into rings)
- 5 shallots
- 4 pips of garlic
- 1 carrot (julienne)
- a small head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- a small head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 5 long beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 small yellow capsicum (cut into strips)
- 2 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass (bruised)
- 6-7 bird’s eye chillies
- 2 tablespoonfuls of sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoonfuls of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoonful of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoonful of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- juice from 5 kaffir limes
- Pound shallots, garlic and bird’s eye chillies coarsely and stir fry until fragrant.
- Put in the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and stir.
- Next, put in ingredients (B) and carrots and let to simmer. Then, put in the prawns and squid rings and mix well.
- After that, put in all the vegetables and stir.
- Once your vegetables are cook, turn off the heat.
- Pour kaffir lime juice over your padprik and mix well.
- Serve immediately.