Hiya peeps! Already planning for the weekend? Good for you! As for me, my Atush is having her Sports Day this Saturday so I guess, I have to ‘be in school’ for one more day! Anyway, moving on to cooking, the first reason I’m putting this entry is to share a recipe using one of Mr KHz’s favourite ingredient-mutton. The second reason is, I am promoting a recipe (one of the 23) from ‘Senangnya Memasak Kambing’ by Hanieliza. To all who are reading, try to get her books in this series and you won’t be disappointed. For RM5.50, it’s a real bargain.
Here’s the cover of the book I was talking about
500g mutton (cubed)
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 large onion (sliced)
2 cm cinnamon
3 star anise
3 sprigs of curry leaves
20 dried chillies (deseeded, blanched in hot water and finely ground)
5 shallots (finely ground)
3 pips of garlic (ground)
3 cm ginger (ground)
3 ripe tomatoes (ground)
1/4 cup of cooking oil
salt to taste
- Marinade the mutton pieces with fennel seeds for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil and stir fry the star anise, curry leaves and ground ingredients till fragrant.
- Put in the marinated mutton and stir well. Cook till the mutton is tender.
- Then, put in the onion slices and cook over low fire till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Season with salt and stir again.
- Serve with white rice or chappati.