Salam and a very good day to all. Wondering where I have been all this while? I’m still here, doing the usual stuff. Well, to cut my blabbering short, let’s see a dish that has been my family’s special item which is served only on special occassions, specifically Aidilfitri and Aidiladha. Here it is!!!
500g beef (‘daging batang pinang’) cut into small cubes
12 shallots (thinly sliced)
6 red chillies (thinly sliced)
3 pips of garlic
1 inch of ginger
1 lemongrass(thinly sliced)
200ml thick coconut milk
300ml thin coconut milk
salt and sugar to taste
- Pound the garlic, ginger and lemongrass and keep aside.
- In a large wok, heat some oil and fry the sliced shallots till wilted and keep aside.
- Using the same oil used to fry the shallots, fry the sliced chillies till wilted and keep aside.
- Next, leave about 2 tablespoonsful of oil in the wok and stir-fry the pounded ingredients toll fragrant.
- Then, put the fried shallots and chillies. Pour in the cubed beef as well.
- After that, pour in the thick coconut milk and stir.
- Over medium heat, cook your beef and stir ocassionaly.
- Pour the thin coconut milk gradually and cook your beef till it is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- This dish is best served with ‘ketupat’ or compressed rice.