Wondering what I’m addicted to? Don’t worry. This addiction is as healthy as it can be. I am addicted to ‘Colek Ike Tenggiri’ or in simpler words, Fried Mackerel topped with Spicy Onion and Tomato Salsa. This dish is very simple yet satisfying. That’s my idea of a good meal. As usual, I have ammended the recipe by zaliana@MyResipi.com. to suit my tastebuds. Thanks you so much for this wonderful recipe.
Let’s look at the photo first. So…what do you think? Tasty, innit?
‘COLEK IKE TENGGIRI’
To cook this wonderful dish, you need:
- 2 medium pieces of mackerel
- some salt and turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp sugar*
- 1 tsp salt*
- 3 bird’s eye chillies*
- 1 inch ‘belacan’ (toasted)*
- juice from a lime (add more if you like it to be more sour)
- 1 ripe tomato (diced finely)
- 1 medium size onion (diced finely)
- 2 sprigs of spring onion (diced finely)
- Coat the fish with some salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a non-stick pan and and heat up in some cooking oil.
- Put in the fish and fry till cook. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, using a pestle and mortar, pound all the ingredients marked *.
- In a bowl, put in the pounded ingredients, chopped tomato, onion and spring onion.
- Pour in the water and stir well.
- Spoon this mixture over the fish and enjoy!