Salam and hi to all! The fasting month is back again and it means more cooking for me! Please don’t get it wrong. Mr Boss aka Tukang Makan is never fussy with food. He simply eats what I have prepared. So, what do I really mean with more cooking during the fasting month when Mr Boss aka Tukang Makan is not placing orders? Actually, when I’m fasting, the person with the most cravings is ME!hahaha..
The entry for the time is my APAM ENO. Since I love ‘tapai pulut’ I like the ‘zingy’ taste of this kuih. It’s easy to prepare and steaming only takes 10 minutes. If ‘tapai pulut’ is not your cup of tea, you might find this kuih to taste a bit peculiar! Anyway, here’s the recipe.
You will need :
150g rice flour
5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp Eno (original flavour)
- In a bowl, mix the flour with yeast and sugar.
- Pour in the water gradually and mix well.
- Keep aside for 6-8 hours.
- Put your moulds in the steamer and let the water in the steamer boils rapidly.
- Next, put into the Eno and stir well. Keep aside so the mixture turns frothy.
- Divide mixture into two portions. You can use any of your favourite food colourings.
- When the water is boiling, spoon the mixture into the moulds.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated coconut.