Here’s the recipe. These muffins are worth a try!
- 200 g plain flour
- 160g unsalted butter
- 120g brown sugar
- 100g chocolate chips
- 20g/ 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 20g/ 4 tsp baking powder
- 140 fresh milk
- 1 egg (well-beaten)
- Preheat your oven at 180C.
- Sieve together flour, butter, baking powder and cocoa powder. Keep aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Put in sieved ingredients and egg. Mix well.
- Pour in the milk and chcolate chips amd mix again.
- Arrange paper cups into a muffin mould.
- Pour mixture into paper cups and bake at at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
* To make the strawberry version, replace chocolate chips with strawberry chips. Replace cocoa powder with 1/2 tsp of strawberry essence and a few drops of pink food colouring. Sprinkle sugar hearts on top before baking.